With business finding more challenges lately, again due to increase in cases around the state, we thought some businesses may need help.
We are putting out 2 opportunities for local businesses to engage with the Business to Business (B2B) network:
- A discounted rate of $55 for two 3-hour appointments with B2B service providers. $55 gets you up to 6 hours of professional one-on-one support (or up to 4 hours of legal support) to help you navigate the next challenge with your business. Ask Zac or Anita directly for these appointments.
- An online connectivity and ‘quick help/support’ tool – Slack (explained in more detail below)
When South Australia first went into lockdown (back in 2020), the B2B program had a WhatsApp channel for people to link online and ask questions and get some answers quickly and easily from service professionals across a range of specialisations, without the need for a full appointment – mainly to deliver in the spirit of the B2B program; some useful help to those in need. We felt this had merit and we know users found it very helpful back then.
This time, we’d like to offer the same, until (at least) things return to a relative state of normal – with one small difference. Instead of WhatsApp, using a different program called Slack. For the unfamiliar, Slack is a messaging app, owned by Google, that allows the chats to happen in ‘labelled’ groupings. You can use this from your mobile and/or desktop.
Click this link to gain access to our ‘RDA Barossa’ workspace.
- Please when creating an account – use your real name (full is best) and your business name.
- You will be able to access ‘Channels’ with ‘#” next to the channel name i.e. “# b2b-general-support”. Please note, these channels are visible to all who find us (this means the text written is able to be viewed by anyone really). We do ask that people on this platform act respectfully and in the spirit of this being supportive in nature ask all to keep content confidential.
- You can post questions in the channel you feel your question fits best and we, along with the B2B service providers, will do our best to assist you quickly and effectively.
- Once joined you will see the other people who have joined, below the ‘channels’ under a header titled ‘Direct Messages’ – this is where you can message people in that list directly – that is a one-to-one chat space.
- Unlike our previous WhatsApp group, you will be able to send documents on Slack, as well as hyperlinks and reactions
If you need troubleshooting help to get up and on it, let Zac McCrindle know (call him on 0425 883 332) and he will do his best to walk you through it.
Please keep the Slack workspace:
- Professional – jokes and memes and non-business related posts are not asked for here, as it will diminish the intent of this workspace.
- Supportive – this is about helping those in need.
- Non-competitive – please keep this platform respectful and focus on helping each other.