More than 350 clubs and associations are directly linked with horses in South Australia. Up to 90,000 horses live in SA.
The Barossa Region has a rich cultural and historical affinity with horses and a strong growing industry.
- 28 Equine facilities and clubs including:
- Gawler Race Course
- Mallala Equestrian Centre
- Kapunda Harness Racing Track
- Gawler Trotting Track
- 27 Equine industry suppliers
- 18 Equine veterinary services
- 28 Horse Breeding Studs
- 35 Horse trainers
Spending on horses in the Barossa Region is conservatively estimated at $37.7 million annually.
Racing is estimated to contribute an additional $10.6 million to the economy annually.