The Growing Regions Program by The Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts presents a remarkable opportunity for local government entities and not-for-profit organisations to drive community and economic development in regional and rural areas across Australia. With grants ranging from $500,000 to $15 million, this program aims to support capital works projects that deliver vital infrastructure. If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in your community, don’t miss your chance to apply for Round 1 of this exciting initiative.
- constructing or upgrading community infrastructure that fills an identified gap or need for community infrastructure
- contributing to achieving a wide range of community socio-economic outcomes
- is strategically aligned with regional priorities.
- delivery of community-focused infrastructure which contributes to local and regional priorities
- provision of infrastructure which benefits the community by improving equity and supports diverse social inclusion
- to contribute to the achievement of broader Government priorities such as net zero emissions, gender equity, and/or First Nations priorities
- growing local economies and enhancing amenity and liveability in the regions.
The program is currently accepting Expressions of Interest for Stage One. Interested applicants are required to submit their EOIs by 5 pm (AEST) on 1 August 2023. This initial phase will assess the eligibility of projects, their readiness, program suitability, and alignment with regional priorities.
The Growing Regions Program follows an open competitive process, with grants awarded based on merit. This ensures that the most deserving projects receive the necessary funding to bring their vision to life.
The application process consists of two stages. In Stage One, applicants submit their Expressions of Interest, which will be thoroughly reviewed for eligibility and suitability. If your EOI meets the requirements and is approved to proceed, you will be invited to submit a full application in Stage Two.
Round 1 of the program opened for Expressions of Interest on 5 July 2023. $300 million has been allocated to support capital works projects across regional and rural areas, making this an excellent opportunity to make a significant impact in your community.
Read the guidelines
To gain a comprehensive understanding of the program’s guidelines and requirements, read the guidelines.