Attention South Australian sheep and goat producers! 🐏 You can now receive a 50% rebate on electronic identification (eID) devices purchased in 2023. This initiative is part of the Government of South Australia’s stage 1 support package aimed at helping primary producers transition seamlessly to the national eID traceability system for sheep and goats.
Key Dates: Applications are currently open, and you have until 5 pm (ACST) on April 30, 2024, to submit your application.
Rebate Details: To be eligible for this rebate, you should have purchased year-of-birth NLIS accredited tags between January 1 and December 31, 2023. It’s a fantastic opportunity to invest in the future of your farm and ensure compliance with the latest industry standards.
Amount: The rebate covers 50% of the purchase price for eligible eID devices, up to a cap of $0.95 (GST exclusive) per tag. This means significant savings for you as a producer!
Eligibility: To qualify for the eID device rebate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a South Australian sheep or farmed goat producer.
- Possess an active property identification code (PIC).
- Provide proof of payment for the purchase of eligible eID tags, including eID tags and hockbands.
The eligible devices must be NLIS accredited eID breeder tags for sheep and goats, featuring the correct year-of-birth color for 2023 (sky blue), and they should have been acquired between January 1 and December 31, 2023. You can find a comprehensive list of accredited eID devices on our website.
How to Apply:
- Review the eID device rebate guidelines here (PDF 265.6 KB).
- Complete the necessary supporting documents, including the vendor creation form, acquittal form, and statement by the supplier (if applicable).
- Submit your online application and attach the required documentation through the eID device rebate application form. Please remember that only one application form per PIC will be accepted, and all claims must be substantiated with evidence of payment.
Once you submit your application, you’ll receive a receipt number. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee rebate approval. Applications will be assessed by PIRSA in the order they are received, and you can expect outcomes in approximately 4 weeks.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to make the transition to the eID traceability system more affordable and efficient for your farm. For additional information, please visit the official website.