Need to upgrade equipment in your small to medium business to improve efficiency? You could be eligible for up to $25k towards costs by applying for the Australian Government Energy Efficiency Grants for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises.
The Energy Efficiency Grants for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Round 1 will support businesses to upgrade or replace inefficient equipment to improve their energy efficiency. These upgrades will enable industries to reduce their energy use and manage energy cost volatility in the long term. This will contribute to Australia’s target of a 43% reduction on 2005 emission levels by 2030.
The objectives of the program are to:
- improve energy efficiency practices and increase the uptake of energy efficient technologies
- assist small and medium businesses to manage their energy usage and costs
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- increased awareness of energy efficiency opportunities and help businesses to save energy
- reduced power bills for small and medium businesses
- emissions abatement to contribute to Australia reducing its emissions to 43% below 2005 levels by 2030.
What do you get?
Grants from $10,000 to $25,000 to cover up to 100% of eligible project expenditure. There is a total of $16 million available for this grant opportunity.
Grant funding will be distributed between states and territories based on the distribution of small and medium sized businesses nationally. You are encouraged to refer to Appendix A in the grant opportunity guidelines for a breakdown of funding in each jurisdiction.
We expect that there may be a high level of interest for this grant opportunity, and it may be oversubscribed. This is a demand driven grant opportunity. Grants will be awarded to eligible applicants on a first come, first served basis until the funding is exhausted in each jurisdiction.
Who is this for?
This grant opportunity is for small and medium sized businesses with an employee headcount of 1 to 199 employees.
Where to find guidelines and apply