Stephen has an extensive career spanning academia, teaching, auditing, accounting, general management, CEO positions, and directorships.
He is a founding partner of MDS Partners, a Darwin-based Strategic Management Consultancy. Other significant roles include General Manager for CPA Australia (CPA) in the Northern Territory and as the NT Regional Manager for the global recruitment firm, Hudson.
In February 2015, Stephen concluded a successful three-year contract as the CEO of Advanced Training International, a Registered Training Organisation acquired by Charles Darwin University. Before his time at ATI, he was a lecturer and course coordinator at Charles Darwin University for six years.
He holds a Bachelor of Business degree, majoring in Accounting and Marketing, and a Cert IV in training and assessment.
- Partner in MDS Partners from 2007 to 2016
- CEO of Advanced Training International Inc.
- Lecturer and Course Coordinator at Charles Darwin University
- NT Regional Manager, Hudson
- NT General Manager, CPA Australia
- CEO of Territory Lottery Company
- CEO of NT Rugby League
- General Manager of Sydney-based textile manufacturing firm Peerless Industries
Professional Memberships and Qualifications:
- MAICD (Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors)
- FCPA (Fellow Member of CPA Australia)
- CPM and FAMI (Certified Practising Marketer and Fellow Member of the Australian Marketing Institute)
- FIPA (Fellow Member of the Institute of Professional Accountants)
- Member of the NT Branch of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association