🐄 What do seaweed and cow burps have in common?
Support for technologies to lower emissions in livestock is critical to achieving Australia’s emissions reduction targets. So we’re partnering with University of Adelaide in a trial that will investigate seaweed supplementation in pregnant cows and the long-term effect on methane production in their offspring.
The project is part of the $29 million Methane Emissions Reduction in Livestock (MERiL) program by the Australian Government aimed at reducing methane emissions from livestock.
Other trial partners include:
- Department of Primary Industries and Regions
- CH4 South Australia
- Australian Sustainable Seaweed Alliance
- MacKillop Farm Management Group
- Barossa Improved Grazing Group
- South Australian Livestock Consultants